Cogito Intelligence API provides full semantic processing features—text mining (with semantic reasoning and inferential entities), categorization, semantic tagging, emotions, sentiment, fact mining, writeprint, and extraction relationships between entities that developers can easily integrate into their analysis platforms and applications for faster evaluation and analysis of documents, web pages, social media data or any big data sets or real-time information streams. The API comes in both SOAP XML-based and RESTful JSON-based flavors, and the features include:
- 4 specific taxonomies of terms (in over 1,000 different categories) for Intelligence, Cyber Crime, Crime and Geographic domains
- A domain ontology (updated regularly) with a wide range of diverse topics, for example: weapons, crimes, cyber attacks, points of interest, chemical weapons, controlled substances, terrorist groups, critical infrastructure, world leaders, public companies and more
- Fact mining to identify events and correlated entities.
- Emotions to detect emotional content related to entities within the text.
- Writeprint to assess authorship identification and stylometric characterization of text.
- Domain entities and extraction of relationships between them.
- Semantic Reasoning allows inferencing information not present within the text.
- Normalization and identity matching features enhance identification of people named in text.