Cogito Intelligence API provides full semantic processing features—text mining (with semantic reasoning and inferential entities), categorization, semantic tagging, emotions, sentiment, fact mining, and extraction of entities and relationships—that developers can easily integrate into their analysis platforms and applications for faster evaluation and analysis of documents, web pages, social media data or any big data sets or real-time information streams. The API come in both SOAP XML-based and RESTful JSON-based flavors, and the features include:
- 4 specific taxonomies of terms (in over 1,000 different categories) for Intelligence, Cyber, Crime and Geographic domains
- A domain ontology (updated weekly) with a wide range of diverse topics, for example: weapons, crimes, cyber attacks, points of interest, chemical weapons, controlled substances , terrorist groups, critical infrastructure, world leaders , public companies and more
- Fact mining to identify events and correlated entities
- Emotions to detect emotional content related to entities within the text
- Domain entities and relationships between entities extraction. Semantic Reasoning allows inferencing information not present within the text.
- Normalization and identity matching features enhance identification of people named in text.